Second-gen xB not as successful as original.
LAS VEGAS – Toyota's Scion brand will jettison its xB boxy compact and xD subcompact hatchback in favor of all-new models, WardsAuto learns. "We don't have plans for a direct xB or xD replacement," Jack Hollis, vice president-Scion says in an interview during a Scion FR-S media drive here. Harkening back to the original brand tenet of “one-and-done” models, Scion won't carry over the names of the xB and xD, and it likely won't replace ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Scion Killing xB, xD in Favor of All-New Models" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's global industry reporting and analysis
WardsAuto Community functions
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Monthly sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Vehicle specifications
• Historical data and much more! (PL)