Middle East destination for most Oz output of Aurion, Camry stablemate.
Toyota Australia exports its 1 millionth vehicle to the Middle East just 17 years after trade began. Shipments of Camry and Aurion vehicles to the region peaked in 2008 with 97,153 units exported. The Japanese automaker’s Australian subsidiary reached 1 million exports to its other major overseas markets in August 2012. Dave Buttner, executive vice president and chief operating officer, says exports play a vital part in Toyota Australia’s balanced business ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Toyota Australia Exports to Middle East Hit 1 Million" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.