LONDON, Nov 24 (Reuters) - Tackling the problem of overcapacity is key to the long-term future success of the automobile industry in Britain and Europe, Business Secretary Peter Mandelson said on Tuesday. Speaking at a major car industry summit he also said the need to switch to low-carbon technologies would present British firms with a good oportunity to access supply chains dominated for decades by big combustion engine producers. "The industry suffers from long-term structural ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Mandelson: Europe car industry needs restructuring" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.