By Karen Lema MANILA, Nov 20 (Reuters Life!) - The maker of Manila's "King of the Road" fears it could be losing its crown as financial difficulties slowly force the iconic jeepney off the road. Sarao Motors Inc. was one of the pioneers behind the conversion of surplus U.S. military jeeps into passenger vehicles in the Philippines after World War Two, and the colourful, iconic buses are still the country's most popular public transport. But higher fuel prices, saturated jeepney routes ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Manila's jeepney pioneer fears the end of the road" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.