By Rina Chandran MUMBAI, Jan 25 (Reuters) - India's top car maker Maruti Udyog Ltd.'s long-awaited entry into the diesel sector should fill a gap in its line-up and speed up a shift to diesel in the fast-growing market, but risks denting sales of its popular petrol cars. J.D. Power estimates diesel's share of India's passenger vehicle market will grow to 35 percent by 2010 from 30 percent now as new models and advanced technology attract the young and better-off to join the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Maruti launch may speed India's switch to diesel" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.