MUMBAI, July 28 (Reuters) - Workers went on strike at Maruti Suzuki's plant in the northern state of Haryana, halting production on Thursday, a spokesman for the company said. "One of the supervisors was assaulted by some workers at the Manesar plant yesterday," the spokesman said, adding that a section of workers had stopped work on Thursday after the company tried to take disciplinary action. India's top car maker, Maruti, 54.2 percent owned by Japan's Suzuki Motor Corp , produces ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Maruti Suzuki workers on strike, production halted-spokesman" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.