TOKYO, Nov 19 (Reuters) - Mazda Motor Corp's RX-8 sports car picked up the 'RJC Car of the Year' award in Japan, giving Mazda one of the industry's most coveted awards for the second straight year, Japan's No.5 auto maker said on Wednesday. The four-door four-seater RX-8, launched this April, beat out runners-up Toyota Motor Corp's new Prius hybrid sedan and Fuji Heavy Industries' Subaru Legacy, which won the Car of the Year award last week from a separate group. The 74 judges of the RJC ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Mazda gets top honours in Japan for RX-8 sports car" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642