TOKYO, June 30 (Reuters) - Mazda Motor Corp launched the remodelled Mazda2/Demio subcompact on Thursday, the first model to get its new fuel-saving engines that achieves mileage comparable to hybrids without the use of expensive electric motors. Mazda said it received around 6,500 orders for the car before the start of sales in Japan on Thursday, equivalent to 108 percent of the monthly sales target of 6,000 vehicles. (Reporting by Chang-Ran Kim; Editing by Michael Watson)
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Mazda launches new Mazda2, gets 6,500 pre-sale orders" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.