By Chang-Ran Kim TOKYO, March 24 (Reuters) - Mitsubishi Fuso Truck & Bus said on Wednesday it would recall 112,000 trucks and buses to replace faulty wheel hubs that had caused one death and some 50 accidents in Japan since 1992 in a case that could lead to criminal charges against the Japanese truck maker. Fuso, owned 65 percent by DaimlerChrysler AG , said the recall would cost 6.5 billion yen ($60.92 million) -- more than twice its estimate two weeks ago -- but added it would not ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"M'bishi Fuso to recall 112,000 trucks for Y6.5 bln" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642