TOKYO, Sept 15 (Reuters) - Japan's Mitsubishi Motors Corp (MMC) said on Thursday it is in talks with Malaysia's top car maker Proton about expanding their partnership. MMC said that the two are discussing jointly producing engines in Malaysia as well as exchanging technology on electric vehicles. Proton may also make cars under the MMC brand, it said. (Reporting by Mayumi Negishi; Editing by Edwina Gibbs)
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"M'bishi Motors may expand alliance with Malaysia's Proton" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.