BANGKOK, May 25 (Reuters) - DaimlerChrysler plans to start assembling NGV-run Mercedes Benz cars in Thailand early next year to take advantage of the country's promotion of the cheaper and cleaner fuel, executives said on Thursday. The Thai-made E200 Mercedes Benz model would cost less than the imported version launched at a Thai motor show in 2005 at 4.14 million baht ($107,900), said Wolfgang Huppenbauer, President of DaimlerChrysler (Thailand) Ltd. High fuel prices have forced ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Mercedes Benz to produce NGV-run cars in Thailand" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.