STUTTGART, Germany, May 28 (Reuters) - Daimler plans to invest 200 million euros ($245 million) in a new engine factory it wants to build in China starting in 2013, a spokesman for the company said on Friday. Earlier, Chief Executive Dieter Zetsche told investors in Beijing that his Mercedes-Benz Cars division plans to sell 300,000 vehicles in China by 2015, a fifth of its anticipated total volume of 1.5 million units. He also forecast his passenger car division would achieve a 10 ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Mercedes to build new engine plant in China in 2013" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642