FRANKFURT, Dec 19 (Reuters) - DaimlerChrysler's premium auto division Mercedes Car Group aims to boost operating profit sharply to 4.25 billion euros ($5.10 billion) by 2008 while chopping its payroll, a German paper reported on Monday. A spokesman for DaimlerChrysler, the world's fifth-biggest carmaker, declined to comment on the report in newspaper Handelsblatt, which cited senior company management. Mercedes division chief Dieter Zetsche, who becomes group chief executive as well at ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Mercedes eyes 4.25 bln euro profit by 2008 -report" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642