FRANKFURT, Feb 29 (Reuters) - Daimler's luxury brand, Mercedes-Benz, will launch an S-Class hybrid equipped with a lithium-ion battery next year in what Daimler said on Friday was a crucial technological breakthrough. "The Stuttgart-based automaker is the world's first manufacturer to have succeeded in adapting lithium-ion technology to the demanding requirements of automotive applications," it said in a statement. The main advantages of the newly developed lithium-ion battery are its ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Mercedes to launch lithium-ion hybrid in 2009" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642