FRANKFURT, Oct 26 (Reuters) - DaimlerChrysler's premium Mercedes Car Group division is on track to reach its goal of boosting its operating margin to 7 percent by 2007, the company said in slides posted on its website before a conference call with investors on Wednesday. It also cited challenges "for 2005 and ahead" that cited an "intensely competitive car market, especially in the U.S.", a further rise in interest rates, high oil prices and translation effects from foreign exchange rates.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Mercedes on track for 7 pct margin goal - Daimler" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.