BERLIN, Aug 27 (Reuters) - A senior member of Chancellor Angela Merkel's Christian Democrats (CDU) broke ranks with the government over the future of Opel on Thursday, saying Canadian automotive firm Magna is not necessarily the best bidder for the carmaker. "It's of secondary importance who the owner is," Guenther Oettinger, CDU premier of the southern state of Baden-Wuerttemberg, told the Rheinische Post daily. "I think Magna can do it, but I don't rule out others being able to do it as ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Merkel ally raises doubts over Magna's Opel bid" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.