BERLIN, Jan 31 (Reuters) - German Chancellor Angela Merkel said on Saturday it was not the federal state's role to help ball-bearings maker Schaeffler for now. Schaeffler is grappling with billions of euros in debt amassed for its acquisition of a 49.9-percent voting stake in tyre maker Continental . A person familiar with the matter told Reuters this week that Schaeffler had sounded out the possibility of a capital injection of up to 4 billion euros from the German government. "We ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Merkel-Schaeffler help not matter for state for now" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642