BERLIN, Nov 25 (Reuters) - Chancellor Angela Merkel said on Wednesday she saw "good prospects" for Opel's German plants after the carmaker's parent, General Motors [GM.UL], presented a restructuring plan for its European unit. Germany will take the brunt of the roughly 9,000 job cuts that GM envisions as it reorganises its European arm Opel, GM's acting head of European operations said earlier on Wednesday. [ID:nGEE5AO0PJ] "I hear from General Motors that they of course want the German ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Merkel sees "good prospects" for German Opel plants" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.