BERLIN, July 26 (Reuters) - German Chancellor Angela Merkel has welcomed car parts maker Continental AG's purchase of Siemens's auto electronics unit VDO, saying it will boost the German auto industry, a newspaper reported on Thursday. "The chancellor welcomes the decision," the Hannoversche Allgemeine Zeitung quoted Merkel's deputy spokesman, Thomas Steg, as saying. "The takeover by Continental will strengthen the German car industry," Steg told the paper, adding that "there was no ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Merkel welcomes Continental purchase of VDO -paper" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.