By Steve James NEW YORK, June 30 (Reuters) - Kaiser Aluminum Corp and Airgas Inc on Monday joined a growing list of manufacturers levying surcharges or raising prices in order to pass along higher energy and raw material costs to customers. The moves, following two recent price hikes by Dow Chemical Co and huge increases in surcharges by AK Steel Holding Corp , has prompted debate on whether asking customers to cover extra production costs will hurt demand. U.S. Steel Corp Chief ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Metal, chemical firms hiking prices to cover costs" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642