HELSINKI, Dec 20 (Reuters) - Finnish engineering group Metso said on Wednesday it will cut 222 jobs at its Valmet Automotive unit, as weakening demand is expected to cut production volumes in the first half of 2007. Metso's car unit, which assembles Porsche's Boxster and Cayman models, expects output to fall to 102 cars per day by early April from 153 cars in November. Metso said earlier in December it expected to cut around 260 jobs at Metso Automotive.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Metso cuts 222 jobs at car unit" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.