MIAMI, Nov 17 (Reuters) - A jury has ordered Ford Motor Co. to pay $61 million to the parents of a 17-year-old who died when the Ford Explorer in which he was riding rolled over, a lawyer said on Thursday. Ford, the second-largest U.S. automaker, said it would appeal the verdict. Florida attorney Bruce Kaster said the ruling in favor of his clients turned on the sport utility vehicle's stability and handling and cleared the way for similar trials against Ford to proceed in Florida, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Miami jury awards $61 mln in Ford rollover case" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.