PARIS, Feb 25 (Reuters) - Europe's biggest tyre maker Michelin posted a forecast-beating 18 percent rise in 2002 operating profit on Tuesday as price increases and cost cuts help it resist a grim markets and a weak U.S. dollar. The French firm said net profit rose 96 percent to 580.8 million euros compared to 296 million in 2001, or 614.5 million euros before minority interests versus 313.9 billion. The sharp rise was driven by lower interest and tax charges than in 2001, and an ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Michelin 02 profits beat forecasts, cautious on 03" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.