CAMPO GRANDE, Brazil, Aug 24 (Reuters) - Michelin, the world's biggest tire manufacturer, said that its $500 million investment in Rio de Janeiro state to increase production shows its confidence in the expansion of Brazil's tire market. "We expect sales to grow again in 2007 after falling this year," Carlos Eduardo Pinho, Michelin's South America communications director, told Reuters late on Wednesday after a visit to Michelin's factory at Campo Grande. Sales in Brazil, accounting for ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Michelin bets $500 mln on Brazil tire mkt growth" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.