PARIS, Sept 21 (Reuters) - Europe's biggest tyre maker Michelin unveiled an airless tyre on Tuesday designed to weather tough road conditions in fast-growing countries like China and India. Michelin said its "Airless Wheel" and "Tweel" tyres, which will be presented at the Paris auto show this week, were still at the concept stage but would hopefully hit the mass market in 10 years. The tyres, which Michelin hopes to adapt for motorcycles, cars and heavier vehicles, are non-pneumatic and ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Michelin unveils airless tyre for 10 years on" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.