* Wealthy in emerging markets bought more luxury cars * Spending on luxuries expected to keep rising in 2010 By Helen Kearney NEW YORK, June 22 (Reuters) - As financial markets recovered last year, the world's millionaires again indulged in their passions for luxury cars, yachts, art and jewelry. While demand for many luxury items remains weaker than in 2007, spending on so-called "passion investments" increased during the second half last year and is expected to continue to rise, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Millionaires increased spending on luxuries in '09" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.