Jefferson North employs 4,500 workers on three shifts.
DETROIT – Chrysler celebrates production of its 5 millionth Jeep Grand Cherokee, the latest milestone for the resurgent auto maker on the brink of collapse only a few years ago. Echoes of the auto maker’s 2009 bankruptcy ring again here, as the city where the Grand Cherokee and Dodge Durango SUVs are produced is going through its own bankruptcy. “I remember four years ago, as we were starting to get this vehicle launched, all the pundits and the critics,” Scott ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"5 Millionth Jeep Grand Cherokee Rolls Off Line" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642