Skoda also-ran despite 13 years in India market.
MUMBAI – The super-luxury Bentleys, Bugattis, Lamborghinis and Porsches seen on Indian roads can trace their roots in the market to Volkswagen Group’s low-end Skoda introduced in 2001. The German automaker today offers 25 models in more than 100 variants in India, including five VW brands. It assembles the entire range of SkodaAuto (as the brand is called in India) cars, four Audi models and the VW Passat and Jetta in the country and imports the rest as completely built-up ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Bentleys, Porsches Mask VW Groupâ€™s Struggles in India" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642