Swindon cuts said to cover 420 managers and supervisors and 360 production workers.
Honda Motor Europe says it will slash 800 jobs at its U.K. car manufacturing operation because of continued low market demand in Europe. The auto maker is entering into formal consultation with its workers about the layoffs that will take effect this spring at its Swindon plant, 80 miles (129 km) west of London. Honda built about 150,000 Jazz, Civic and CR-V vehicles last year in Swindon with a third of that volume sold in the U.K. and the rest shipped to 26 countries. The cutbacks ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Honda to Cut 800 Jobs in U.K." is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642