Quanto only Mahindra SUV exempt from higher tax.
MUMBAI – Under fire from both the Indian government and rival auto makers, Mahindra & Mahindra is scrambling to re-engineer its SUVs to dimensions that will protect them against a potentially damaging tax increase. The government in February increased from 27% to 30% the excise duty on SUVs that have a ground clearance of 6.7 ins. (17.0 cm) or more, measure more than 158 ins. (400 cm) in length and an engine of more than 1.5L. Mahindra’s eight SUVs have ground ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Mahindra Re-Engineering SUVs to Lighten Tax Burden" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642