Proton vehicles use 80%-90% local content.
The Malaysian automotive industry has attracted RM32.9 billion ($10.1 billion) in investment since the sector’s inception some 30 years ago. International Trade and Industry Deputy Minister Hamim Samuri tells Parliament the investment not only involves the assembly of vehicles and motorcycles, but also includes the bodybuilding segment of commercial vehicles and production of parts and components. The workforce covering the vehicles, motorcycles and spare-parts production has reached ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Malaysian Auto Industry Investment Tops $10 Billion" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642