Electrically powered Smart Forstars concept unveiled last year in Paris.
NEW YORK – Daimler’s Smart turns up frequently on lists of the biggest money-losing brands in the history of the auto industry, but that's going to change with the introduction of the second-generation car, promises Chief Financial Officer Bodo Uebber. The ’14 Smart, developed jointly with Renault and sharing components and architecture with the Renault Twingo, will wind up in the black next year, the executive predicts in a wide-ranging backgrounder with reporters ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Much-Maligned Smart to Turn Profit With New-Gen Model, Exec Says" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642