Current Holden Volt range on 10-hour charge is 54 miles.
Australian researchers claim a major breakthrough in extending the range of electric vehicles with a significant improvement in the design of lithium-ion batteries. A team from the University of Wollongong in New South Wales reports it has developed a new germanium-based material with five times more energy storage and the potential to go at least twice as far on a charge than current EVs. Nano-engineer Zaiping Guo notes that presently, after 10 hours of charging, the ’13 Holden ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Oz Researchers Claim Li-ion Battery Breakthrough" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642