Exora maker Proton could form Malaysian JV with Volkswagen.
Proton owner DRB-Hicom is reported drawing up ambitious plans to make Malaysia a hub for the production of Volkswagen vehicles. The government’s Bernama news agency says to make this happen, DRB-Hicom owner Mokhtar Al-Bukhary is working to list the company’s distribution arm on the stock exchange. Proton distributors Proton Edar and EON would be merged and listed, while DRB-Hicom itself might be delisted. Bernama says under this option, DRB-Hicom's automotive ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Proton Owner Wants to Bring VW Production to Malaysia" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642