Toyota sales slip 37.7% but stays No.1 as rivals post bigger declines.
Thailand’s new-vehicle sales plunged 45.5% in January to 68,508 units amid the increasingly violent political standoff between the government and street protesters. The Bangkok Metropolitan Administration’s Medical Dept. says 19 people have been killed and 717 wounded in the violence since Nov 30. Toyota, which collates sales data for the Thai industry, says sales of new cars dropped 55.9% year-over-year to 26,406 units. Commercial-vehicle deliveries sank 36.2% to 42,102 units, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Toyota Sees Thai Market Steadying After January Slip" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642