Hybrid would target ‟environmentally concerned” Malaysians.
Toyota intends to assemble hybrid Camry cars in Malaysia next year, if the government extends tax breaks for hybrids beyond this year. Toyota Malaysia President Ismet Suki tells reporters the automaker is studying the possibility of assembling complete-knocked-down hybrid models in the country. “If the government were to approve our request to extend the tax-exemption incentives for hybrid cars beyond 2013, by the middle or third quarter of 2014 we will have a Camry hybrid” ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Toyota Ties Camry Hybrid Builds to Malaysia Tax Cuts" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642