BMW to build engines for i8 plug-in hybrid at U.K. plant.
U.K. auto makers plan to produce more than 2 million vehicles annually year by 2015, easily passing the record 1.92 million built in 1972. The Society of Motor Manufacturers and Traders says the industry’s confidence is fueled by multibillion-British-pound investments resulting in expanded production, more new-model introductions and the creation of thousands of new jobs. More than £5.5 billion ($8.5 billion) has been invested in the U.K. automotive industry in the past 18 ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"U.K. Auto Industry Sees Good Times Getting Better" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642