New-generation Vivaro carries more local content.
General Motors subsidiary Vauxhall launches its all-new Vivaro, with the U.K.’s last van manufacturing plant securing a 10-year contract and a £185 million ($314.8 million) investment. The 109-year-old Luton plant, 30 miles (48 km) north of London, beat world-class competition from across Europe to win the contract to build the van. Rival Ford shut its Transit factory in Southampton last year making the Luton facility the sole flag-bearer for U.K. van manufacturing. The plant has ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Vauxhall Taps Venerable U.K. Plant for Vivaro Van" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642