DETROIT, Feb 27 (Reuters) - Mississippi lured a Toyota Motor Corp. assembly plant by offering tax incentives about the same as those granted to Nissan Motor Co. , which opened a plant in the state in 2003, Mississippi Gov. Haley Barbour said on Tuesday. Several states, including Arkansas and Tennessee, vied for the $1.3 billion Toyota plant. The company said on Tuesday it had decided to build outside Tupelo, Mississippi. Mississippi lured the Nissan assembly plant with a package of tax ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Mississippi's Toyota incentives on par with Nissan" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.