TOKYO, Aug 26 (Reuters) - Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Ltd Japan's biggest heavy-machinery company, said it will spend 10 billion yen ($106 million) to build a test plant for the production of lithium ion batteries. The company said it aims to start mass production of lithium ion batteries in late 2012. ($1=94.20 Yen) (Reporting by Yuko Inoue)
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Mitsubishi Heavy:to build lithium ion battery test plant" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.