TOKYO, May 30 (Reuters) - Mitsubishi Motors Corp. (MMC) said on Monday its Indian partner, Hindustan Motors Ltd. (HML), has agreed to expand production of Mitsubishi's Lancer sedans at an HML plant starting in January. The annual output of Lancer vehicles at the Chennai plant is targeted to rise to 4,500 in the year to March 2007 from about 2,200 now, an MMC spokesman said. No details on additional investments have been decided yet, MMC said. Lancer sedans are assembled in Chennai from ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Mitsubishi Motors to boost output in India" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.