TOKYO, Oct 30 (Reuters) - Mitsubishi Motors Corp , Japan's fourth-largest auto maker, said on Thursday it would postpone plans to expand the capacity of its Illinois plant, directing its limited resources into sales and brand promotion. Mitsubishi said in March that it would spend $200 million to expand the capacity of its Normal, Illinois factory by 25 percent, allowing it to make 300,000 units a year.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Mitsubishi Motors to delay U.S. capacity boost" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.