TOKYO, March 31 (Reuters) - Embattled Japanese auto maker Mitsubishi Motors Corp plans to halt production of Mitsubishi-brand cars in the United States, the daily Nikkan Kogyo Shimbun reported on Wednesday. The plan is part of a restructuring programme being drafted by its parent, DaimlerChrysler AG , the business daily said. The programme is expected to be announced in late April. A Mitsubishi Motors spokesman said the company was checking into the report. Mitsubishi, owned 37 percent ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Mitsubishi Motors to halt U.S. production-paper" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.