TOKYO, Aug 26 (Reuters) - Mitsubishi Motors Corp. (MMC) will loosen its business ties with DaimlerChrysler AG because of reduced financial help from the German auto maker, the Nihon Keizai newspaper reported on Thursday. The business daily said the ailing Japanese company would cancel a plan to use common platforms for the two companies' medium-size sedans and instead would use its own existing platform to fully realise its R&D investment. DaimlerChrysler will keep stake in MMC for ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Mitsubishi Motors to loosen ties with Daimler-paper" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.