FRANKFURT, Oct 28 (Reuters) - Mitsubishi Motors Corp (MMC) will provide engines for the next generation of the ForTwo minicar model made by DaimlerChrysler's Smart brand, DaimlerChrysler said on Friday. The new Smart will make its debut in 2007. Its engine will be based on the same type of turbo-charged engine that MMC will use in its new "i" minicar due for launch in January, the carmaker said in a statement. The deal, part of a series of accords between the partners, will help MMC ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Mitsubishi Motors to make engines for Smart ForTwo" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.