TOKYO, Sept 28 (Reuters) - Japan's Mitsubishi Motors Corp. (MMC) said on Wednesday it may consider extending an incentive programme that offers one year's worth of free gasoline to buyers of 2006 model-year vehicles. "We will study that possibility in future," President Osamu Masuko told reporters after a news conference. MMC, Japan's only unprofitable car maker, last week announced a programme to offer U.S. consumers one year's worth of gasoline with its 2005 model-year vehicles.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Mitsubishi Motors may extend U.S. gas incentive" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.