TOKYO, Sept 26 (Reuters) - Mitsubishi Motors Corp , Japan's fourth largest automaker, said on Thursday it was recalling 164,514 of its Pajero Mini, Minicab and Townbox minicars in Japan, due to possible transmission defects. Another 70 vehicles affected were sold overseas, mainly in Singapore. The estimated cost of the recall was 10 billion yen ($81.51 million), Mitsubishi spokesman Fumio Nishizaki said. ($1=122.68 Yen)
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Mitsubishi to recall minicars, cost seen at Y10 bln" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.