TOKYO, Jan 30 (Reuters) - Japan's Mitsubishi Motors Corp (MMC) has agreed to pay DaimlerChrysler about 70 billion yen ($680.9 million) in compensation for losses suffered after a scandal over defective vehicles, a Japanese newspaper said on Sunday. MMC will pay DaimlerChrysler 20 billion yen in cash and the remainder in shares in sister company Mitsubishi Fuso Truck and Bus Corp., the Nihon Keizai Shimbun said, without citing sources. DaimlerChrysler had demanded compensation for losses ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"MMC agrees to pay DaimlerChrysler $680 mn-paper" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.