TOKYO, Oct 28 (Reuters) - Struggling Japanese auto maker Mitsubishi Motors Corp. (MMC) and bigger peer Nissan Motor Co. Ltd. are in talks to form a joint venture on minivehicles, Kyodo news agency said on Thursday. Spokesmen at Nissan and MMC said they were checking the report. MMC, whose ties with 22-percent owner DaimlerChrysler AG have weakened since the German car maker gave up trying to rescue it in April, has suffered a sharp sales slide since cover-ups of problems with vehicles ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"MMC, Nissan in minivehicle JV talks -- media" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.