TOKYO, Jan 21 (Reuters) - Mitsubishi Motors Corp. (MMC) and DaimlerChrysler AG will likely settle on compensation of 50-80 billion yen ($484-774 million)over the German firm's damages claims, the Nihon Keizai newspaper said. In June, Daimler asked MMC for compensation over scandals at truck maker Mitsubishi Fuso Truck and Bus Corp., saying the value of its holding in Fuso had dropped following a series of cover-ups of defects and recalls. The paper said the two companies are expected to ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"MMC to pay Daimler up to $770 mln in damages-paper" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.